Blog Archive

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sauteed Boneless Pork Chops with Quick Ginger-Apple Chutney











What's Cookin'


Pork Chops! I love pork chops. But, to tell you the truth I have never had pork chops with a sweet sauce on top. Although, I know pork chops and apples are pretty common so it was a good chance to give it try. Turned out they were yummy...and the sauce was sweet with just enough spice.


I made this dinner on Tuesday which was my little girl's birthday. She requested mac and cheese on her special day. To make us both happy we had pork chops with mac and cheese and broccoli. Didn't know how it would all fit together but surprisingly it was a good combination. I will probably make it again.


These are red onion which was not what the recipe wanted. It indicated for white but these were what I had and it turned out to be just as good. Plus they do look pretty.


The only issue that arouse was the mac a cheese was done way before the pork chops which took double or triple the time to cook then directed in book. Half way through my cooking I took the pork chops out and cut them in half which helped speed up the cooking time. 

Now I am sure you are all wondering what health benefits pork chops have. Well, I did to. Especially a big serving like this. Pork is not the healthiest option of meat to choose but is good in moderation. It is considered red meat but as we all know has protein like any other meat does. While choosing what pork to eat pork chops are the leanest pork around which makes it the healthier choose in pork. It contains: protein, zinc, phosphorus, selenium, and various B vitamins. So have pork chops but not every night. :)

Thanks for a great dinner Michelle. Click HERE for the recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Well, Jen, you sound very professionally in your writings. Sounds good I will have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're using your birthday pan! How do you like it?? I LOVE mine! (We have the same pan) That IS the Henkel pan right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it! Yes it's Henkel. I use it all the time. :)

      Delete