Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Penne with Chicken, Asparagus, and Lemon




What's Cookin'


Looks pretty and tastes pretty to. More of an adult flavored dish but surprisingly my kids ate it just the same.  The sauce was tangy with a lot of lemon flavor accompanied by good spices.I learned a lot from this recipe and was in the kitchen for over two hours. Whenever I cook, cutting, preparing veggies, and meat always slips my mind. Then I find myself frantically chopping to get what's needed into the pan. Proud to say I was prepared this time. I chopped, washed, and prepared the chicken before the oil was in the pan. It did take me about half hour for this dish's prep work. Maybe I'm slow but I am sure glad it was done before hand because all the steps and cooking took so long! Part of it was probably my fault considering I was a first time cook for this recipe but I was very anxious by the time the last step was finished.


Don't these leeks look pretty!
Plus they are a god source of fiber and contain folic acid, potassium, calcium, and vitamin C. This makes them easier to digest then an onion. Ah ha, so maybe we should be replacing onions with leeks. I think that is easy enough to do.

I would honestly like to give this recipe another try sometime. Maybe it will be faster the second time around. It was very good and also had different variations: Penne with Chicken and Broccoli and Penne with Chicken Caramelized Onion, and Red Peppers. Click HERE for the recipe!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it. I agree the leeks were great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to cook with leeks. I've had leek as a soup, but no experience cooking them. Are they easy to cook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very easy,just like an onion. Don't use the green stem. Chop it up, wash, and cook like an onion.

    ReplyDelete