Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage










                                           
  See What's Cookin'


I know what your thinking. "This is not healthy." That is what went through my head as well. I can say it was tasty even using ground turkey but I still needed to do some health research to satisfy my curiosity.

I did a little internet browsing on ground turkey/ breakfast sausage. Obviously if your looking for the healthiest breakfast sausage would not be on the menu. It is possible to make it better for you by the type of meat you choose which is why this recipe choose ground turkey. If you go to a health food store (Whole Foods) you will find the best quality ground turkey with minimal fat. This will get you the best nutrients that turkey has to offer like:  protein, B complex vitamins, helps your blood circulation and cholesterol) vitamin B-6, (helps against heart disease) and selenium. (supports immunity and protects your body against cell damage) On the other-hand, if you can eat it in another form rather then frying it you will most likely keep the vitamins in full tack. ;)


I must admit we had a yummy breakfast for dinner. My kids loved the sausage and my husband and I were pleasantly surprised. I was nervous that the ground turkey wound't be as flavorful but it was and also didn't feel really heavy.

If your interested in this yummy breakfast made healthier check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment