Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Salad











What's Cookin'

 

A chicken salad...perfect dinner for a hot summer day. Especially when I would rather be working in the yard, smelling my flowers, then in the kitchen.


The recipe was simple enough to be changed according to your tastes buds. A basic breaded chicken cooked on skillet can be coated in multiple sauces with different dressings.

When buying the ingredients for this meal I accidentally grabbed the Asian hot sauce which is extremely hot. Guess I was hoping for the best. Your probably thinking...hope she likes spicy food....we don't. Don't know why I though that would work for our family. (Dumb I know. Should of went for a mild sauce.) In my defense I was at the store with my kids whom make you brain dead, right? So yes, the meal was excellent but way to spicy for us. Luckily our neighbor enjoys hot spicy food.

The health question I am pondering is health and spice. Is there a connection?

I found four reason why hot sauce/spice can better your health:
  1. Very flavorful with only six calories per tablespoon.
  2. Contains Vitamin C and Capsaicin which have been shown to boast your metabolism.
  3. By keeping your food spicy you'll eat less....so a little spice can go a long way.
  4. The Capsaicin also brings out your endorphins which better your mood.
Yeah for spicy food! See Michelle by clicking HERE for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment